Thursday, May 23, 2013
i love a parade
2. Bagels + fruit salad at Aunty Emily's with the cousins.
3. Main Street is kind of gross. Street curbs aren't ashtrays, folks!
4. Goodie bags from a local church with suckers + poppers!
5. Overcast + cool to sunny + sweaty. Worth it.
6. The smell of sunblock and horse manure.
7. The thrift store float and its' boisterous employee bellowing her trademark " MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!" all down Main Street. It definitely made my day great.
8. Getting to hold baby Mercy.
9. Claire in those star sunglasses.
10. The cutest little fluffy black puppy that had, if possible, as much energy as the kids.
11. The convertibles driving the pageant girls, A.K.A. "Princesses".
12. Life in a small town + bumping in to happy, familiar faces.
13. The boys spotting both of their teachers walking in the parade and them waving back. Jack's teacher even ran over to our bunch and group hugged our babes. It was the best.
14. Feeling nostalgic getting to really stop and study each building on this familiar road.
15. The parade clown that placed a fake flower in one of the piles of horse poop. It was the highlight for each one of our kids. They're still talking about it.